Pages

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Top 10 Wrestlers I Want To See Return To The WWE

This years Royal Rumble event is a 40 man Rumble.  It's only the second time the WWE has had that many wrestlers in the main event match.  I'm hoping for a few things to happen at this years rumble.  I hope John Cena DOESN'T tie Ric Flairs 16 time world champion record by beating Brock Lesnar.  I hope the winner of this years 40 man Royal Rumble isn't as boring as the last winner of a 40 man Royal Rumble, Alberto Del Rio.  But most of all I hope to see some great returns from former superstars/guys we haven't seen in action in a long time.  Below is my top 10 list of guys I'd like to see return whether it be from injury or return after a long absence from the WWE.  Note: I'm trying to be somewhat realistic with this list so that means CM Punk will be no where near it.  *single tear

10. Rey Mysterio
Unfortunately this is almost unrealistic according to the rumors that have been circulating for months of Mysterio being unhappy and wanting out of his WWE contract.  I for one would still love to see him back on the depleted WWE roster though.








9. Daniel Bryan
Yes if you want to be technical we did see Daniel Bryan return recently.  But I want to see him WRESTLE not give promos/make matches as acting GM.  I'm not sure he's been cleared to wrestle but really hope he has.  The WWE could really use him right now.




8. The Hardy Boyz
Am I cheating a little bit by having these guys on here as a team?  Yes.  But I would love to see both of these guys back as a tag team.  Remember how cool it felt to see a tag team you watched as a kid once again win the titles when Road Dogg and Billy Gunn came back?  It would be an even better if the Hardy's did that!  Doubt this happens this year but I could see it happening someday.






7. The Rock
A surprise on this list considering I hated The Rock when he came back and ended CM Punk's 434 day reign as WWE Champion.  But when The Rock came back for a one off against Rusev a couple months ago, the promos he did with Triple H got me thinking that I could totally get into a Wrestlemania match between these two WWE legends.




6. Goldberg
One of the biggest stars to ever come out of WCW didn't exactly have the greatest WWE career.  I think that's mostly on the WWE too.  I would still like to see him have a comeback though he may have missed his opportunity seeing as the buzz over a Goldberg return seems to have died down a lot compared to last year.







5. Bully Ray
Bully is a guy the WWE could actually really use right now.  He became a top heel in TNA and can cut really good promos.  The WWE needs veteran guys like Bully Ray who can still bring it week after week and help show younger talent how to work in this business.  I would so mark out if Bully returned and seeing as he's been tweeting a lot about the WWE lately maybe he's trying to drop hints...





4. Chris Jericho
His last run felt like it ended way too soon and that's why he's so high on my list.  Chris Jericho will always be one of my favorite wrestlers of all time.  And his recent win of a Slammy shows he's still very much loved by the WWE universe.  I never get sick of surprise Jericho returns so how about another one?







3. Stone Cold Steve Austin
There are two reasons Austin isn't a little higher on this list: 1. If he ever comes back it will be for one match and one match only.  2. The guy most people wanted to see face Austin now works with the UFC so that match will likely only happen in video game land.  Still seeing Austin back even for one match would be awesome.








2. Bad News Barrett
Last time we saw Barrett he promised that if the Authority lost their power, he would usher in an era of bad news.  So far he hasn't been seen since despite the Authority indeed losing their power.  Barrett is an almost guarantee return for the rumble and I hope he gets a big push upon his arrival.  Barrett has the chops to be a top heel... If John Cena would do the freaking job ;)




1. Kurt Angle
I don't understand with Angle willing to sign with the WWE why a deal couldn't be met but whatever the reason it looks like we'll never see Angle in a WWE ring again.  Angle recently said that he feels he has two solid years left in him and he'll probably be finishing those two years in TNA.  It would be a tragedy to not see Angle come back even after all these years.  Angle was gold (no pun intended) when he was with the WWE whether heel of face.  Why can't the WWE offer him part time contracts like they do with Lesnar, Y2J, RVD, Batista, etc is beyond my understanding.  Who wouldn't mark out if you heard that unforgettable theme of the Olympic hero?  I know I would flip!  At this point, sadly, it looks like I'll just have to enjoy Kurt Angle on the WWE network especially as I don't get the channel that is TNA's new home.

Who would you like to see make a return? 

No comments:

Post a Comment